Oh Baby G, you’re a quarter of the way through your first year! Though you’re still small enough to snuggle close, every now and then I look at you and am taken aback at how you’ve grown. You’re getting so tall! The joy of watching you learn new things hasn’t worn off one bit.
During your third month:
- You started cooing more.
- You began using more cosonants like “gah!”
- Began experimenting with new sounds, like gurgling while you coo.
- You started putting everything you could into your mouth, though it took lots of practice. You also began pulling on your ears, but no signs of teeth appearing yet.
- You stopped missing when reaching for toys and began grabbing them every time.
- You love watching Rita and Hayworth.
- You smile whenever we come to pick you up from a nap, and are such a smiley girl when you’re awake.
- Your hair began to curl.
- You love playing in your bouncer and play with the toys.
- You dipped your legs in a pool for the first time.
- You went to the beach for the first time! Aunt Katie, Grandma B and Grandpa came too.
- You transitioned from spending half of the night in your nursery and half in your bassinet to spending the whole night in the nursery!
- The pictures below start with the four month picture and count back to the day after turning three months old: