I anticipated loving so many things about motherhood, but somehow I didn’t think about how much fun it would be to watch Baby G discover new things. I’m constantly amazed at how much joy it brings me to see her make new discoveries about our world.
She grew so much between her second and third month, and I know that month number four will be here before I blink! Luckily, I’ve been taking lots of pictures to help me remember her first year. It’s my goal to take a picture a day, so that by her one year birthday I’ll have captured each day. There have been a few close calls, days where I was sure I’d missed a picture, but we’ve managed not to miss a day so far… Even if a few of her pictures were last minute shots of her sleeping on the baby monitor cam when I realized after her bedtime that I missed a picture.
Between her first day of month number two and month number three Baby G:
- Began standing, supporting her full weight when balanced (see Day 64 picture).
- Grew much more vocal, using a whole range of sounds.
- Began to smile much more often, and began smiling at herself in the mirror.
- Began swinging at toys on her activity mat, and then quickly learned to grasp them and pull them closer to her face.
- Celebrated her first Father’s Day.
- Began to stay on her stomach during tummy time instead of automatically rolling over.
- Began to sleep in three to five hour stretches during the night, instead of two to three hour stretches.
- Had her baby dedication at church! (See picture 77 on the top right).
Here’s a look at Baby G from month number two through her first day of month number three: