Instant Pot Sweet Potato and Kale Stew: Just 25 minutes from start to finish! This gluten-free, vegetarian stew contains wholesome ingredients and makes a delicious and healthy one pot dinner.
25 Minute Stew
This Instant Pot Sweet Potato and Kale Stew takes just 25 minutes to make from start to finish! With five minutes of prep, and a total cook time (including pressure release) of 15 minutes, this stew is perfect for a healthy and convenient dinner.
If you don’t own an Instant Pot, no worries! You can find the stove top version here.
Simple and Quick
My sister surprised me with an Instant Pot for Christmas. I didn’t even know I needed one before then.
If you’ve visited Promisingly Pennywise before, you probably know how much I love simple and quick recipes. This was one of the things I instantly loved about my new Instant Pot. It allows you to quickly cook simple food staples and recipes. Hard boiled eggs, brown rice, sweet potatoes and white potatoes all cook perfectly in minutes.
Once I saw how easy it was to use, I was eager to convert some of our favorite recipes into Instant Pot recipes, like this delicious Sweet Potato and Kale Stew.
Wholesome and Flavorful
This stew is full of fiber and vitamin rich ingredients. Wholesome ingredients like sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, garlic, honey, and natural peanut butter combine with a delicious blend of spices including cumin, ginger and clove. The result is a healthy, irresistible stew perfect for any time of year!
Instant Pot Sweet Potato and Kale Stew
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper see note
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 TBS honey
- 6 cups of kale chopped
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes, and chop kale, removing large stems. Set aside.
- Select "Sauté" on the Instant Pot and allow to heat. Once hot, add olive oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add clove, salt, cayenne and cumin. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until spices are fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot, close and select "Manual". Adjust time to 5 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps to indicate the 5 minute cook time is complete, allow to sit for 10 minutes, then vent the pressure.
- Serve over brown rice or enjoy as is!
Pin and Share:
What’s your favorite Instant Pot recipe?
I love easy whole food recipes
Me too! Especially ones that are full of flavor.
This looks really great! I love cooking in my Instant Pot so I will definitely try this. I’m going to pin it for later reference. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for pinning!
Thanks for the great recipe ! It sounds and looks really yummy !!! I can’t wait to try this recipe
I hope you enjoy it!
This looks delicious. I REALLY need to get an Instant Pot. I love soup recipes, but I don’t always have time to let a soup simmer for an hour or more!
Yes, they’re wonderful! I plan to share the stove-top version of this stew in two weeks. It only simmers for about 20 minutes on the stove! Feel free to stop back by to grab the recipe!