Light and Fluffy Banana Pancakes: With a secret ingredient, no one will believe these delicious, light and fluffy pancakes are gluten-free, dairy-free and free of refined sugar!
These pancakes have a secret.
Serve these to anyone and I’ll wager they won’t be able to tell they’re dairy-free. The secret ingredient adds the perfect touch of sweetness, which is why this recipe also has zero refined sugar! So what’s the secret?
White grape juice. I know, I had my doubts too. Grape juice, in pancakes? But it works, and there’s no trace of grape flavor in the these light and fluffy pancakes.
Gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, or not…
These pancakes are incredible as-is, but they’re easily adaptable too. Not gluten intolerant? You can easily swap the gluten-free flour for white wheat flour. No white grape juice on hand? Use apple juice instead. Love milk? Sub milk plus two tablespoons of brown sugar for the juice. Either way, these banana pancakes will still be amazing!
Light and Fluffy Banana Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS melted coconut oil or sub vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free flour *see note
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk together.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, oil and grape juice.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add mashed banana, mixing until fully combined.
- In a greased pan or griddle, heat to medium high heat, then pour batter in ⅓ cup scoops.
- Flip when bubbles start to form and cook until both sides are lightly browned.