Oatmeal Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies: With heart healthy oats and omega-3 rich flax, these indulgent chocolate chip cookies are surprisingly healthy!
Eat all the cookies…
I have a soft spot for cookies. And chocolate. And really anything with sugar. That’s why I love when a dessert is healthy and delicious at the same time. These oatmeal flax chocolate chip cookies are full of heart healthy oats and omega-3 rich flax seed, yet so good that it’s hard to eat just one. Which is okay, because they’re healthy! At least that’s what I tell myself as I reach for my third or fourth warm out of the oven cookie…
A quick bite-sized treat.
Mix the dry ingredients, cream together butter and sugar, then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix it all together, add in some chocolate chips and drop tablespoons of dough onto parchment line baking sheets. Then, use a spoon to flatten slightly, bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Oatmeal Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed I use golden flax.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 TBS butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, oats, flax seed, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mix and beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Did I mention they’re toddler approved?
At least, my little helper G sure seemed to love them!
What’s your favorite healthy dessert recipe?