Pressure Cooker Salsa Lime Chicken with Black Beans: With just 5 ingredients and two simple steps, this gluten-free, dairy-free Instant Pot recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner.
2 Easy Steps, 5 Simple Ingredients
I know, I know, I use the word easy in most of the recipes I share. That’s because with a two year old and three month old at home, easy recipes are a must. That said, I also appreciate recipes that are frugal and healthy. This recipe is all of those things!
Boneless chicken thighs, a lime, taco seasoning, 1 cup of salsa and a can of black beans are all you need for this recipe. Just place the first four ingredients in your Instant Pot and cook, then add the can of black beans (drained), allow to heat through and enjoy!
The Salsa Makes a Difference
I recommend using good quality chunky salsa. I went with this one, but use any variety you like, including fresh, homemade salsa.
A Note About Taco Seasoning
You can certainly use a packet of store bought taco seasoning, but I prefer to use homemade. Homemade taco seasoning is cheaper, has better flavor, and you have the advantage of knowing that there are no artificial ingredients or additives. Here’s the taco seasoning recipe we use.
However, we tested this recipe using store bought taco seasoning as well, and it was still delicious. So if you’re short on time, don’t be afraid to use store bought!
Tacos or Rice
We enjoy serving this recipe two ways- over rice, and as an alternative to ground beef in tacos. It’s delicious both ways, but my favorite way to enjoy it is over a bowl of Cilantro Lime Brown Rice. It makes a savory and filling weeknight meal!
Pressure Cooker Salsa Lime Chicken with Black Beans
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Juice of 1 lime or 3 TBS lime juice
- 4 TBS taco seasoning one packet
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can black beans drained
- Place chicken thighs, lime juice and seasoning in a large zip top plastic bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Pour seasoned chicken into pressure cooker and cover with salsa.
- Set manual time for 10 minutes. Allow a 10 minute natural pressure release when done.
- Add drained black beans to the pot and stir. They will heat through very quickly.
- Serve over rice or on tacos!
Pin and Save for Later: