On Tuesday’s I usually like to share a review of a Pinterest recipe or idea, but for today’s post I couldn’t resist sharing a review of a recipe I found recently on the side of a jar of Ragu. When it comes to dinner, I’m a sucker for recipes that promise things like “four ingredients”, “easy” and “one pan meal”. Less ingredients mean less prep time gathering supplies, and one pan means less dishes afterwards. And, well, easy pretty much speaks for itself. Of course, not all one pan, easy recipes with few ingredients are worth even the minimal time it takes to make them, so when I find one that actually is a hit with our whole family I get pretty excited. This simple, hearty and flavorful chicken dish is the perfect choice for a quick weeknight meal. Serve it up with a side of veggies or slice and serve on a bed of pasta for a complete meal.
4 Ingredient One Pot Italian Chicken
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 jar Ragu sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and brown on both sides, turning once.
- Stir in Ragu sauce and reduce heat to a simmer (low or medium low).
- Cover and allow to cook for 15 to 30 minutes. (Larger pieces of chicken will take more time. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°.)
- Remove cover and stir in mozzarella.
- Continue heating until mozzarella is melted, stirring and spooning sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with veggies or pasta.
This dish looks divine! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Please join us again this week.
Kristina & Millie
oh this sounds way too easy! definitely something we will try over here. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
It really is so easy! Enjoy! 🙂