Baby G, you’re now 9 months old and you’ll be 10 months old in just 10 days, so this post is very overdue. So much happened between your first day of month eight and nine!
- You began waving at everyone. At first you waved by holding out your arm, then you figured out how to move your hand. People in the grocery store, servers at restaurants, Mommy and Daddy, and even Mickey Mouse and people on TV got lots of waves with a big smile.
- You began to make yourself laugh with a pretend laugh whenever Mommy or Daddy laughed.
- You began stepping and walking holding on to your push walker, and walking while holding on to our hands.
- You continued making da da da da sounds, then began saying ma ma ma ma. By the end of month 8 you were clearly saying Mama, Dada, and dog.
- You began drinking from a sippy cup, though you still used bottles too.
- You had your first picture with Santa! (Day 250)
- You celebrated your first Christmas! We invited everyone over to our house and you had so much fun.
- While you were sleeping in very long stretches and pretty much sleeping through the night, during month 8 you began sleeping through the night without needing a late night bottle.
- You gave up your pacifier during the day and began only using it for naps and during the night. The day after Christmas we began taking it out as soon as you woke up. You were a bit fussy the first day, but by the third day you didn’t even seem to notice!
- You went to the church nursery for the first time! You did great until another baby started crying, which made you cry too. We’re still trying it out each week as you get more comfortable.
Leave a Reply