Monster Breakfast Cookies: Full of heart-healthy ingredients and gluten-free whole grains, these cookies make a healthy, filling, and delicious breakfast, snack or dessert.
Cookies for breakfast? Yes please!
Full of heart healthy ingredients, like cholesterol lowering oats and Cheerios, along with fiber filled and Omega-3 rich ground flax seed, you can enjoy these cookies for breakfast without any guilt!
These monster breakfast cookies are also toddler approved. G doesn’t enjoy a bowl of oatmeal or plain cheerios, but gets her fill of both with these cookies. And because they’re “monster” cookies, just half of a cookie and some fresh fruit are plenty to get her day started.
Breakfast, Snack, or Dessert?
These cookies are huge. Grab one or two with a piece of fruit for a quick, healthy and filling breakfast. Take one along for a quick snack or enjoy one as a healthy dessert option. With no refined sugar, and only 2/3 cup of honey in the entire recipe, these cookies are a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional cookie.
Monster Breakfast Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats instant
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed see note + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats and cheerios in a food processor or blender and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine coconut oil, peanut butter and honey. Microwave in 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 seconds increments until able to stir completely smooth. Then, combine with egg, mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Drop by 1/3 cup scoops (I use an ice cream scoop) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
What’s your favorite grab-and-go breakfast recipe?