I love the Fourth of July: cooking out, spending time with family, fireworks, the whole thing. And what says Fourth of July like red, white and blue? These red, white and blue fruit filled yogurt parfaits make a light and refreshing treat that’s perfect for any hot summer day. The best thing about them is that they are so simple to make!
I’ve served this recipe in individual servings for a crowd, and at home. When serving these for a crowd, I often use small, clear plastic solo cups like these. They show off the layers of the parfaits, are convenient for guests to grab, and make for easy cleanup. For a more rustic look, mason jars are a great optionl. If I’m making this parfait to keep at home, I’ll make it in a large bowl to leave in the fridge. Then, when we’re ready to eat, we dish out the parfait into fruit bowls and top with granola.
Patriotic Yogurt Parfait:
Patriotic Yogurt Parfait
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 3 Bananas
- 32 oz Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 cups Granola
- Rinse blueberries and strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries, discarding the tops.
- Slice bananas.
- Begin layering the fruit, followed by a thin layer of yogurt each time. (I did banana, yogurt, strawberries, yogurt, blueberries, and yogurt for the mason jar. For the serving bowl, I did thicker layers of yogurt and ended with blueberries on top.).
- Repeat layers as needed until serving container is almost full.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with granola.
Check out the link parties I’m participating in this week here.